The En Cœur Foundation is proud to be able to offer a new session of the support group for parents of children with heart disease. ❤ The 1st group took place in the fall of 2022.
We wish to offer our members the opportunity to discuss their experience and reality as parents of children with heart disease, with respect, kindness and solidarity.
The participants of the first group particularly liked being able to discuss their experience with parents who understand them and go through a similar experience in a safe environment.
This group will be led by two trained social workers, Anouk Brière and Judith Mallette, who work in pediatric rehabilitation. They have several years of practical experience in individual support and group facilitation.
It is because of the success of our major fundraising events such as Sutton En Cœur, the Soirée En Cœur and 6 H En Cœur that the Foundation can continue to offer services to families.
Description of the group’s terms and conditions:
• Created by the En Cœur Foundation, the new support service relies on discussion and empathy to support families with a child with congenital heart disease in their daily lives.
• Individual pre-group discussions between facilitators and participants will be planned to identify needs.
• Each session will have a specific theme, established according to the needs of the participants following the pre-group discussions. It is also possible to adapt to the changing needs of the group and specific concerns.
• Virtual format, thus accessible from anywhere in Quebec. A Zoom link will be shared with you before each meeting.
• A maximum of 10 participants.
• 6 group sessions 1x/2 weeks, Saturday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• Starts on Saturday, April 1, 2023.
Deadline to register: March 24, 2023.